Hand Made Buddhist Shrine – Altoid Tin Project
I had some fun crafting this little Altoid tin project. I’m calling it the Sukhavati Box (Sukhavati means land of Bliss or Pure Land). It is a little portable Pure Land Shrine, its for sale, and it’s available at the store now.
1. Images of Amitabha Buddha (Chinese: Amitofo) and Avalokiteshvara (Chinese: Quanyin).
2. a small handmade origami box with a quote from the Pure Land Sutra and an Amitabha mandala.
3. An incense cone and bottle cap burner
4. A hand made bottle cap candle.
5. Four (4) cards that lead you through a Pure Land Meditation including an incense mantra, a light mantra, the Pure Land mantra, and a closing metta prayer.
Latest posts by Andrew Furst (see all)
- A Case of Temporary Sanity? – Say What? - March 28, 2017
- The Miracle of Dead Ends (Nuthin)- Verse Us (Poems by Me) - March 25, 2017
- Are Atheists and Agnostics Illogical Regarding the Spiritual Realm? – Dialectic Two Step - March 22, 2017