Hand Made Buddhist Shrine – Altoid Tin Project
I had some fun crafting this little Altoid tin project. I’m calling it the Sukhavati Box (Sukhavati means land of Bliss or Pure Land). It is a little portable Pure Land Shrine, its for sale, and it’s available at the store now.
1. Images of Amitabha Buddha (Chinese: Amitofo) and Avalokiteshvara (Chinese: Quanyin).
2. a small handmade origami box with a quote from the Pure Land Sutra and an Amitabha mandala.
3. An incense cone and bottle cap burner
4. A hand made bottle cap candle.
5. Four (4) cards that lead you through a Pure Land Meditation including an incense mantra, a light mantra, the Pure Land mantra, and a closing metta prayer.
Latest posts by Andrew Furst (see all)
- A Walk Through Ward Reservation – A Three Minute Meditation - May 27, 2017
- Money and Markets – Thoughts On American Ideals - May 24, 2017
- No Haiku in May – Verse Us (Poems by Me) - May 23, 2017